In English, "re" is a prefix usually meaning "again", such as in "rebuild" (build again). However, there are many words starting with "re" which have a totally different meaning without the "re".
You will be given two definitions, one for a word starting with "re", and one for the remaining word without the "re" (either definition could be given first).
Example: exhausting / ceasing employment
Answer: tiring / retiring
- difficult search / politely ask
- trustworthy / legally responsible
- hospital room / prize for achievement
- back in good health / put something over
- rhythmic force in arteries / drive back by force
- smooth by ironing / subdue by force
- become less severe / provided in loan
- process of updating / act of seeing